Friday 5 March 2010

After Effects and Final Cut Pro

Hey!

I've just finished editing together my animation and Little Miss Sunshine clip together. I used After Effects first to green screen everything animated, and then I exported everything from there to Final Cut as a Quicktime movie, so I could add SFX (dog barks and whines).

Here are some screenshots of the programs and WIPs


After Effects



Final Cut Pro


I had some problems getting my head around the green screening. I thought that the best way of doing it would be to put the clip and animation together first on After Effects, and then green screen in Final Cut, but this caused everything green to go black instead.

However, Mel showed me that I could green screen in After Effects aswell. I then re-did the green screening in After Effects instead before exporting as a movie. It worked that time.

Another thing I discovered was that there was a pole that comes into shot while the beagle is running. I had to use the masking tool in Final Cut to sort that out. It was a pretty simple shape to block out, so I didn't have any trouble masking the dog around the wooden poll.

I found the tracking a bit difficult because the camera moves around so much. I also wanted to make sure that the beagle looks as if he's running, so the resulting tracking effect makes the beagle look as if he's bobbing up and down a lot. Oh well! I'm running short on time, so I'm going to concentrate on getting this done to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment